Madame X Recap: Tracklistings and Formats
It’s time for a final recap of the tracklisting of Madonna’s Madame X album dropping tomorrow, Friday, 14 June 2019. Not all information so far has been crystal clear and there are indeed a lot of different physical formats, but as it’s all about the music, let’s start looking at the tracklistings.
There are three main editions of the album: 13 tracks, 15 tracks and 18 tracks, each comes with a different cover:
- 13 track Standard Edition: single disc, jewel case
- 15 track “Exclusive” Edition: single disc, jewel case – offered by Fnac in France and others.
- 18 track Deluxe Edition: double disc, hardcover book with 32-page booklet, 3 bonus tracks on CD2) – also included in the Deluxe Boxset.
As many have guessed, with some copies from the online orders already delivered to customers, it’s now confirmed that the 15-track edition “exclusive with two bonus tracks” offered by selected retailers on various markets shares the same content with CD1 of the deluxe edition of Madame X – and the mysterious bonus tracks are indeed the ones not included in the standard CD – not different songs or remixes. On the other hand, these “special” editions are being offered at the same price of the standard CD, so it’s a plus to the customers.
As a tradition for the Japanese market, Madame X will be released with an additional bonus track – Medellin with Maluma (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx). It is available as a 16-track release (blond cover) and as a 19-track limited edition in the higher-fidelity SHM-CD format (guitar cover, 4 tracks on CD2).
As for the other physical formats, Madame X also exists as:
- 13 track Standard Compact Cassette
- 15 track Deluxe Compact Cassette
The cassettes also come in black, blue (UK exclusive) and glitter.
Speaking of 12″ vinyl, Madame X is released with 15 tracks split in 4 sides (and a mistake on the tracklisting of side A in the first pressings) but to add a bit of confusion it is using the 13-track release artwork. It is available as:
- Double 12″ album (black vinyl)
- Double 12″ album (clear vinyl – Madonna.com exclusive)
- Double 12″ album (blue vinyl – The Sound Of Vinyl Exclusive)
- Double 12″ album (rainbow picture discs – no hard cover)
In the digital download realm, Madame X is only available in two formats:
- 13 track download (Standard)
- 15 track download (Deluxe)
As of now the three bonus tracks on the Deluxe 2CD edition are not available as digital downloads.