Listen to (and watch) the Howard Stern Madonna Interview
From the Howard Stern official website:
The biggest pop culture icon of all time, Madonna stopped by this morning! Howard had been waiting to interview her for thirty years and the interview was spectacular! So without further ado:
The ten things you need to know about Madonna’s interview with Howard
MADONNA AND TUPAC
1) She confirmed a long-standing rumor that she dated Tupac Shakur in the early 1990s.
MADONNA TAKES NEW YORK
2) Madonna moved to New York with $35 in her pocket. The cab dropped her off in Times Square. Madonna was wearing a winter coat even though it was summer and a male stranger asked her why. She explained that she had nowhere to live and he offered to let her stay at his place. Ballsy as ever, she accepted.
MADONNA THE DONUT QUEEN
3) She was fired from her short job at Dunkin’ Donuts for playing around with the jelly squirter. She got to thinking about what might’ve been if she hadn’t been let go – she could now be the CEO of Dunkin’ Donuts.
MADONNA AND JEAN-MICHEL
4) Madonna dated the late legendary painter Jean Michel Basquiat, but she broke up with him because he was addicted to heroin. He had given her many paintings, but he took them all back once they broke up and painted over them in black. In 2007, a 1981 Basquiat sold for $14 million.
MADONNA AT THE VMAS
5) Her now-infamous performance of ‘Like a Virgin’ on the very first MTV VMAs wasn’t the calculated shocker it seemed to be. It was as simple as this: Madonna lost her shoe. Her shoe fell off, she didn’t know what to do, and she decided to crawl around on the floor. Her skirt came up and the world saw a flash of that famous Madonna underwear. People actually told her that her career was over.
MADONNA AND MIKE AND ROBIN AND SEAN
6) She met Mike Tyson, who appears on her new record, when she was married to Sean Penn and he was married to Robin Givens. They actually went on a double date and both the men got drunk.
MADONNA AND LENNY KRAVTIZ
7) Madonna admitted to lusting after Lenny Kravitz when they wrote ‘Justify My Love’ together. Howard imagined that the two of them would’ve had beautiful kids. They both do have beautiful kids, so they didn’t need each other.
MADONNA AND MICHAEL JACKSON
8) She was casual friends with Michael Jackson. She brought him as her date to the Oscars in 1990 They could relate to each other as the two biggest stars on the planet, but Michael was also very insecure and painfully shy.
MADONNA AND ALANIS
9) Madonna is responsible for signing Alanis Morisette to her record label ‘Maverick’ and releasing her smash hit album ‘Jagged Little Pill’.
MADONNA AND KANYE
10) She references her p*ssy in her song Holy Water, saying ‘Yeezus loves my p*ssy best’. Kanye West, probably not coincidentally, produced the track. (rebel heart link)
That’s not all she and Howard talked about – lucky for you, you can listen to the whole interview for FREE right here!
Check out these video highlights exclusively from SiriusXM’s Howard 100.