Guy Oseary talks single, video, promotion and more
Madonna’s manager Guy Oseary took over his Twitter last night and answered a lot of fan’s question about Madonna, her new album, the leaked demos, plans for the new video, the promotion kicking off in 2015, possible tour plans, movie direction and much more.
(Check out the full chat on Twitter by clicking here.)
I will be answering questions for the next 15 minutes regarding @madonna #RebelHeart release.. Ask away.
- There are 19 tracks on the album.
- The plan was to release the album late in April 2015. Then with the leaks they decided for early March.
- The project was initially considered to be a double album. Half Rebel + half Heart.
- The Living for Love video has not been shot yet. A director has been selected. The single was supposed to come out Valentine’s day week. They hope to have the video released for first week of February. Living for Love will be the first video from the album.
- This album will have promotion in the new year. But they don’t have anything immediately planned. The leaks happened last Tuesday. They are rushing now.
- U.K. promo will happen. They had a plan for it. Now they need to put together a new plan.
- About the stolen demos, they are working hard to solve this crime. They are dealing with it. Madonna feels extremely violated to have her unfinished work stolen and released. She knows her real fans aren’t behind the leaks.
- Guy is very proud of her. He’s loving the music. He listened to Ghosttown all day today. Last week was all about Devil Pray. Ghosttown is currently Guy’s favourite song from the album.
Two steps behind me is an unfinished demo Madonna had no intention of finishing or releasing along with many others. That song is NOT about Gaga or anyone in particular.
A lot of tour questions from everyone. I don’t have anything to report regarding tour…….. Yet.
- The second single has not been chosen yet.
- Madonna will not be directing a movie next year… 2015 = All
- Madonna is an Instagram gal… But she will definitely talk to her fans on Twitter in the new year to answer many of their questions directly.
- Madonna has NO ill will towards Gaga. It’s nonsense. She was listening to the Tony Bennett duet album last week and appreciating it.
- An MTV Unplugged with Madonna? “I would like that too. Maybe one day,” Guy answers.
- Madonna was happy about number 1 album on iTunes global but unfortunately leaks of stolen music did not allow her to enjoy it.
- They will launch the album in the new year. This wasn’t really a launch. They did their best under the circumstances.
- Another #AskMadonna would be great in the new year.
- He will work on having lyrics in the album booklet again.
- The album is almost finished. It needs a little more work in the new year. Almost done.
- Unfortunately Alicia Keys would not be able to appear on the Living for Love video as she’s having a baby. She lights up any place she appears.
- They didn’t know we were releasing any music until last week. Ghosttown and the rest were to wait until late April.
- Madonna was and still is devastated over the stolen unfinished music… They rushed released 6 songs. They were not prepared.
- The songs will be available on other platforms.
I love all the artwork the fans are doing. Really beautiful.
- Madonna and Britney are friends. “It’s been a long time since they collaborated. It would be great #maverickfamily.”
- Madonna and Miley Cyrus are close friends. And support one another.
- Madonna and Katy Perry doing music together would be great. Nothing yet.
- The success of the album on iTunes is really amazing with no set up. They are very grateful. With no video no radio no promo it will go down… Relaunch in 2015.
- Guys is not sure how many videos will be released for the album. He’d love to see a video for Ghosttown but nothing has been decided other than Living For Love.
Thank you for all your many questions tonight regarding #RebelHeart . And thank you for all your continued support. Signing off. Goodnight.